Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Software Review

3 Different Review

Review 1

I'm a windows user. Always have been. But i'll definitely be looking at Macs in the future.

What i don't understand is how this OS only receives an 8.0. Ubuntu doesn't compare with either Vista or this one. Vista has so many versions, its unreal and a crappy security policy when you go to install it.

What's not to like about OS X? You can boot up much quicker, don't have the drivers mess, has more features, and is easier to use. It's much more secure and is just a seamless OS without the bloat Vista has and doesn't suck the resources.

Review 2

First of all, I have OS X 10.5, don't ask how. I've used everything from Windows 3.1 to Vista Ultimate, and I can tell you with all certainty that OS X kills them all. Tiger killed them all. Leopard is just over kill. And you have the balls to give it an 8.0!?

What is this 'Apple Complex' you idiot reviewers have against Apple? You can't give an apple product more than 8.3 NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT IS. NO MATTER HOW IT COMPARES TO VISTA. You're so full of **** it's indescribable.

Either raise the rating to it's well-deserved 9.0 or higher or this site has no reputation anymore. For anything.

Review 3

As a long time PC user, I was excited last year to purchase my first Mac. I went with the Macbook Pro since I frequently need to multitask and I occasionally enjoy a 3d game. After almost a year of use I have had 0 major problems with OSX 10.4 and have never needed to turn it off without shutting down. So I purchased and installed Leopard on its release date of Oct. 26th expecting it to be as stable as its predecessor. But after just few hours of playing with its new features I started to notice MAJOR bugs. First is that if I run on battery for more than 20min the computer immediately powers off. The second problem is that every time I have a problem with a wireless network the computer locks up and informs me to hold down the power button until it shuts off. The final major problem that I have encountered is that after just eight days of use the computer began to lock up every time it started and I eventually needed to reformat the main disk. These problems along with a laundry list of other minor glitches are problems I would expect with Windows, not OSX. But Leopard is not all bad; as a heavy miltitasker I find spaces and the preview feature to be VERY useful, and Time Machine seems like it would work well if you have a large backup hard drive (500GB+). Overall Leopard is a brilliant and an ahead of its time operating system, but I would not recommend it until Apple works out the many bugs.

No comments: